Sunday, July 20, 2008

blog about blogging

I spent good part of Saturday night and Sunday afternoon sharpening my internet skills. The result was a full Blog overhaul. I never got comfortable with my last Blog format so it was ditched and replaced with a simple set up from Blogger. The burnt orange color is a complete accident.

Aside from the format, the biggest changes you'll find are on the side bar. A quick summary of the newest widgets.

  • Twitter - answers the question "What are you doing?" expect my answers here. (I'm sad to say my sister beat me to this new social network.)
  • My Blog List - a similar list as before with status updates on the blogger's most recent post.
  • Recent Readers Map - this is a new widget from Lijit showing WHERE my readers are.
  • LinkedIn - the net's best networking tool
  • LastFM - my recent music
  • MyBlogLog - not where but WHO is visiting
I hope you enjoy the new setup.

3 comments:

Richard Jennings said...

There were only two new sites added to About.com's Top ten list of employment sites, linkedin.com and another site called Realmatch.com. Lots of news ways to find jobs nowadays.

Top 10 Employment site list here:
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/joblistings/tp/jobbanks.htm

Grateful Web said...

Beyond consideration of functionality is the critical sanctity of Publishers private statistics. We at P.U.B. consider the safety of the information any app or widget(s) may be gathering, unbeknownst to the unwitting Publisher who installs them.

P.U.B. [Publishers Union of Bloggers] has pending inquires to Widget Providers concerning how they generate their income and what percentage of this income goes to the Blog Publisher making the critical decision to allow a Widget on their site for their readers. In addition we are requesting transparency on the critical issue of how the private statistic from Publishers Blogs are being used, hopefully with the Publisher’s permission!

P.U.B. expects to heard back from Lijit on these financial and private statistics issues from P.U.B’s inquiry we sent to Lijit in mid April 2008. When we get this response from Lijit Networks we will let great Blog Publishers like you know their deal. Currently we are also working with Blog Publishers to track performance hit evaluations of Widgets too.

Will publish these results to keep the community of Blog Publishers informed on this critical component of Widgets on our Blogs.


Sincerely,

Barney Moran for P.U.B.

Anonymous said...

Brett, thanks for choosing the use Lijit on your blog. We appreciate the support and if you (or your readers) have any questions, I'm tara[at]lijit[dot]com.

Also, I'll keep my eye on your Recent Readers Map to make sure everything is working as it should be.