Tuesday, May 20, 2008

what to do...?

Have any of you rolled up to an unlocked ATM? Assuming it happened, what would you do?

Would you just push the lock back in and go about your business? I doubt it. You gotta at least look inside, don't you? I mean how many times do you get the chance to see the inside of a working ATM without any supervision? How much cash is in one of those things? Ten Thousand? Maybe Twenty? So many questions. Let's take a look.


Yes, that's right. I pulled up to an UNLOCKED Bank of America ATM at the corner of Beltline and the Tollway yesterday afternoon. Why do these things happen to me?

So I pulled forward out of the drive up lane, got out of my Jeep and opened it up. Inside I found a big roll of paper for receipts, a box full of deposit envelops, a clipboard with service log sheet and pen, a full on working computer (hard drive, keyboard, monitor) and absolutely no cash. It was all locked in the bottom part of the machine.

The best part of the experience was the look I received from the person who used the other ATM while I had mine open. He kept trying to see what I was doing without letting me see that he was looking at me. I just kept smiling at him like I'd just won the lottery.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

An average ATM has around $50,000. One in a high traffic area can hold $80 to $100,000.

Have a great day!!!

Ned Seymour