Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tarkio is on The Map!

Yes, we've always been on the map but now it's a little better.

Google Maps "Street View" made a quick drive through town sometime last summer. While we didn't get full street coverage, I was pleasantly surprised to see Tarkio looking great on today's new Google release.

I'd like to challenge the locals (or anyone else wanting to play) to tell me when Google visited Tarkio. I'll even throw in a free lunch anywhere in Tarkio to the winner. (Will says to shop local, I'm trying to do my part.) Here's the kicker.... I don't know when they visited. You must find proof from the street view photos to win.

Post your guess in my comments and good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They came sometime between June 6 and June 13th. The lamp in front of my house is laying down - the lamp was only down for about a week before it was fixed (on June 13) due to a windstorm.

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Well we know it is a Tuesday because of the trash that is out on the town and since there are no cars at the schools we know that school is out for summer. Due to the flooding on the airport road it has to be late May/early June. Since the water is down off the road I narrowed it down to June 3 or June 10th. I was searching the streets for a clue to give me the exact date but with the help from the previous post I will say they were in town on June 10, 2008. Brett, I will take a personal pan pizza the next time you are in town.