Tuesday, February 10, 2009

turn the lights out, say goodnight

Sarah's endearing idiosyncrasies are countless. Honestly, it's what makes me enjoy being with her so much.

This evening one of my favorites was taken to entirely new level. Sarah loves to turn the lights on and leave them on. Initially, I'll admit, I found this to be just a tad bit irritating. I'd return home, Sarah would be out running errands and at least 4 lights would be on. Come On! Turn out the lights before you leave. She couldn't have cared less.

As time passed and this continued, I began to find the number of lights left on entertaining. Sometimes on her best days she'd even leave the TV on for me. Maybe this was her way of leaving her "trail of bread crumbs" in the house.

UPDATE: Sarah just interrupted this blog. "Look at this Lighting Storm! It's only happening every few minutes.... Does that mean it's close or far away?" I love being with her. So fun!

Tonight, I returned home to find the front entry light on (she had locked the front door). Inside, I could hear Sarah and Luke upstairs. As I made my way around the downstairs I found 6 lights on (tidying up, I'm sure). Additionally, the TV, both back yard lights and (here's the kicker)..... the oven light were all on.

The bar has certainly been raised. I can't wait to see what she will do next.

0 comments: