Thursday, April 02, 2009

Where have you gone Joe Dibloggio?

What happened to me? I'm going to state the obvious. I haven't posted to the blog in over a month. I know, lack of posting has happened before but this time it's different. There wasn't a lack of ideas... I've had a few good ones. I even had a "fan" convey their disdain... "at least D Lee still updates his blog".

I've got (uttmmm...) I had no excuses.

This evening I was reading through the hand full of blogs I enjoy and found my answer. Howard Lindzon is one of those smart and funny guys that not only has good ideas.... he conveys them brilliantly on his blog. These are his ideas in my words.

The "new" internet or Internet 2.0 is killing my blog. Facebook, twitter and BrightKite are the leading suspects. They make it so easy to share a thought or idea in less than 140 characters, I usually choose their communication method from my iPhone rather than this one. Sorry Blogger, I still love your t-shirt.

Add to the mix my (fairly) new job and the blog is dying a slow death. I love my job. The old job not so much. With the old one the blog was a great distraction from work, with the new one it's the opposite.

The good news for the blog, it has some company. My golf game crawled into the corner of my garage last August and has replaced it's usual companion sunshine with last thing I every expected my clubs to see; cobwebs.

In my opinion, Howard's closing words are quite poetic... I'll steal and post them below.

Everything and everyone dies. So do passions.

You can’t fight death or lost passion, but at least passion can be revived. I want to blog and golf more, but I won’t force it. Forcing it will only hurt my chances of renewed passion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thx for the kind words.

Unknown said...

it really is howard. i dont know why the id says rachel.