Monday, January 02, 2006

Embracing Big New Ideas

Did any one catch the new ads running during the at&t Cotton Bowl?

Here's a great post by Brad Feld discussing how at&t "wasted" nearly 1 billion dollars on their new brand, The Deathstar Rises. It is apparent the marketing world needs to be saved and Seth Godin is the guy to do it. Who is Seth Godin?

His site is exceptional. He creates daily posts that are smart, fresh and entertaining. I've added him to my "Good Blogs" list. He even drove me to try out three new web tools. After all I want to be "...the self-elected early adopter, the radical new, (one of) the folks who embrace big new ideas."

So with my extra day of vacation I added Mozilla Firefox, Flickr and del.icio.us to my laptop. If you have some time give them a try.

Mozilla Firefox is a new web browser. You can browse the Web with confidence - Firefox protects you from viruses, spyware and pop-ups. Enjoy improvements to performance, ease of use and privacy. It's easy to import your favorites and settings and get started. Thus far I've found it to better noticeably better than Microsoft Explorer.

Flickr is the best way to store, search, sort and share your digital photos. I've just gotten started with it and I already love it. Scroll down towards the bottom right side of my blog to view my photos.

del.icio.us is like bookmarking websites, but helps with the detail. If bookmarking is similar to saving a magazine issue, del.icio.us would keep track of just your favorite articles.

Best of all, each tool is free and easy to download.

0 comments: