Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy Birthday!

The whole blogging thing isn't easy. This morning, I was riding the wonderful waves of the internet. A cool breeze was blowing through my golden locks. It was raining outside, but in our office (as it does on most days) the sun was shining. Anyway, I stumbled on a little gem of a blog topic.

The Oscar Mayer Wienermoblie turns 70 this year! Can you believe it? I thought is would only be about half my age.

Way back in 1996, I was on a little weekend trip down in Houston when I spotted the Wienermoblie on the freeway. For all you wiener dog lovers out there, it was only 9 1/2 dog years old at the time and didn't show its age at all. Luckily, they stoped to fill up its 32 gallon fuel tank only 15 minutes after I began to follow them. I had to see the inside of the Wiener. The hotdog on wheels was spectacular. Roomy, comfortable and loaded with lots of free giveaways. The folks driving loved their jobs.

So to make this whole blog post work, I had to find my photo from the event. Given that I hadn't seen the photo since before I was married I knew it could be trouble locating it. I sorted through 3 file cabinets and roughly 12 boxes from our last 2 moves before finally locating the picture.



Hotdogs sound good, huh?

0 comments: