Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Golfing at 7000 feet

Vanita, Savanna and I are still trying to get settled back into our regular routine, but I wanted to take a minute to share with you a little bit of our trip.

I played 3 fantastic golf courses while in New Mexico, Paa-ko Ridge, Taos Country Club and Angel Fire Country Club. All the tracks had spectacular views and great course designs.



Possibly the best part about playing out there was the elevation changes. The above hole was a 274 yard par 3. Usually every bit of my driver, but at 7000 feet it was just reachable with a 3 wood (3-putt bogey).

It only got better once we were in the mountains of Angel Fire (8500 ft. above sea level). I have never wanted a hole in one so badly. Wouldn't it be great to tell your friends you hit a 6 iron from 245 yards. Granted it was off the side of a mountain...

0 comments: