Saturday, September 10, 2005

I'd forget my arse if it weren't attached.

Tonight it finally happened. I lost my cell phone. Yes, I know. I'm notorious for leaving it places, but I've never officially lost it.

Vanita and I took Savanna out to Pizza Hut Park to watch FC Dallas play DC United in MLS Soccer. The brand new stadium (opened August 6th) has a great family environment, it's only downside may be it's proximity to our home. It's just over an hour drive, but "Youth Soccer Night" gave Savanna a chance to go be on the field before the game and receive a free FC Dallas Soccer Ball to take home with her.

So back to the phone. We left the game just after "half" hoping to get home before 11. I was tired, not looking forward to the long drive and was also doing my best to follow the Texas - Ohio St. game using wireless internet on my phone. I loaded Savanna into her car seat and pulled out of the parking lot. About 300 yards out of the parking lot, Vanita and I hear what appears to be something softly hitting the car. Now I've hit so many things in my car I don't bother stopping to investigate. About 15 minutes later, my brain kicks into gear. "Where's my cell phone?" I ask Vanita. By the time I finished the question, I knew the phone had been left on top of the car while helping Savanna in her seat. We call it. It rings. We drive back. Look, but no luck.

I wasn't terribly upset. I was due to lose it. I've left it everywhere. At home when going to work and at work when going home. At restaurants, movies and customer locations. If I've been there, my phone has been left behind.

My favorite place to leave it? On top of the toilet paper dispenser in bathrooms everywhere. Here best part (and it's true). About six months ago a female co-worker at my office borrowed my phone (I can't recall why). Well, a few hours past and I of course had forgotten what I had done with it. Curiously, a different girl in my office returned it to me, wondering how it had been left on top of the toilet paper dispenser in the women's restroom.

Now you know how pets can look like their owners, can my phone pass on my forgetfulness to others?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank go for The Dashboard!