Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Where's my camera?

Well it wasn't number 1 or 2 on the list but it certainly could be in the 3 spot.

On the way home, tonight in the car, Savanna had another "First." It wasn't quite like those first steps or first words. This "First" was totally unexpected. It wasn't months ahead.... it was YEARS ahead of schedule.

Following our standard routine, we were listening to some tunes on the CD player. I played each request she made. First was Float On followed by Mr. Brightside. Then she made a new request. I had been working with her to introduce a new band. "Dad, now play Bloc Party." I was pretty fired up about it and quickly selected my favorite tune.

Circle the date, November 2, 2005, at just 4 years, 2 months and 10 days Savanna says, "Dad, Look! I have a guitar." As I turn towards the back seat.... Savanna is rocking with her "First" Air Guitar. Proud parents we are.

0 comments: