Friday, July 15, 2005

Le Tour de FairyTale

Lance Armstrong is yet again, "digging into his suitcase of courage." He currently holds a 38 second race lead with just under half of the 21 tour stages remaining. Today, arriving home from work I pondered, at what point did Lance first start taking cycling seriously? 1 month and 8 days shy of her 4th birthday Savanna apparently has a checklist of items she must have before going for a ride.

She called for me from her upstairs bedroom just as I opened the door to our house, "Dad, will you help me put this on?" "Sure" I say "What is it." "um, um these" she says, showing herself at the top of the stairs holding her Barbie cycling kneepads. Now this was a first. Not since a few minutes after receiving the Barbie helmet and kneepads do I recall her ever requesting to wear them. I can only assume she is prepared to get serious about her ride.

She brings me the kneepads, I velcro them on making sure the pictures are right side up. At this point she informs me, "There. Now I have everything I need to ride." Can we all assume she went through this mental process before making that statement?

Ballerina Dress - Check
Princess Crown - Check
Magic Wand - Check
Ballerina Slippers - Check
Princess Shoes - Check
Tinkerbell Wings - Check
Barbie Cycling Kneepads - Check

I think we may looking at the next Queen of France.

I'm off to Tangle Ridge Golf Club for a morning 18.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

... i wonder where she gets it?