Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Saved from Tiffany

I stay in relatively good contact with several of my closest friends and Fraternity Brothers with a great group email tool, Yahoo Groups. We share marriage and baby announcements, job updates, political debates and a number of other topics that could only be interesting to those who once power walked just to avoid Teeste Flys.

Today, Kirk (leaning back, punching air) informed us we were a part of the "golden age of modern rock." He wrote: ....we were part of some good music times. Have any of you seen SPIN's list of the top 100 albums of the past 20 years? Of that list, exactly 1/3 of the albums were released between 1992-1996, the 4 years we were in college. Throw in our high school years and a full 54% were released during that formative 8-year run. In comparison, the suckers that graduated in 2004 only had 11 of the top 100 albums come out during their college days.

This post couldn't have come any sooner. Just as I began reading the email my yahoo player was starting, I think we're alone now. I need help. Quickly I updated my player with the 75 or so new albums and immediately began to hear some new stuff. Take a listen.

0 comments: